For the fourth consecutive year, CALL is hosting students from Point Loma Nazarene University (PLNU) for a nine week Spanish experience. The Professors for the class are Dr. Scott Bennett (Spanish 101) and Marianna Spinelli (Spanish 102) from PLNU, assisted by Gaby Mata, a Professor with the CALL program. The students will earn eight credit hours in nine weeks.
The nine week experience is filled with activities:
• Three hours of Spanish class each weekday on the campus of the Nazarene Seminary of the Americas
• Weekly tutoring by the CALL professor
• Weekly field trips to volcanoes, coffee plantations, waterfalls and museums
• Traveling by bus and taxi throughout the city
• Learning about the culture of the country by living with a Costa Rican family
• 2- Three day weekends for extended travel to beaches and volcanoes
• Mid-term trip to Arenal Volcano with zip line tour and hot springs included
There are eight students in the class this summer. They are studying a wide variety of subjects at the University including Literature, Business and Biology. One of the students shares this about the program: “I love how the class is personalized to the group of students that are being taught and how we are given the opportunity to experience the Tico culture. If it wasn’t for the program, I wouldn’t have know anything about the coffee plantations and natural wonders like Poas Volcano that Costa Rica has to offer.”
If you would like to study Spanish in Costa Rica, click here to visit the CALL website to learn all about the program located on the SENDAS campus.
Cambiar Idioma / Change Language: Español