On February 4, 2019, we celebrated with gratitude the Ordination Service for the Central District of Costa Rica in the facilities of the Nazarene Seminary of the Americas. The service was directed by General Superintendent, Dr. David Graves and Mesoamerica Regional Director, Dr. L. Carlos Sáenz.
The event also counted with attendance from several missionaries from the Region, the Central District of Costa Rica Superintendent, Rev. Sirlene Bustos and pastors, brothers and sisters of each local church from the district.
Ordination is an act of consecration, where the Church of the Nazarene recognizes the call that God has made to his sons and daughters. On this occasion, 7 individuals were ordained as elders, three ladies and four gentlemen. The total list of ordained ministers included several members of SENDAS faculty and staff:
- Manuel Amador Alfaro, Pastor, Church of the Nazarene House of Prayer, El Alto
- Irene Jiménez Artavia, Mesoamerican Region missionary and professor of SENDAS.
- Andrés Esteban Fernández, Pastor, Los Ángeles Church of the Nazarene, professor and Administrator of Graduate Programs at SENDAS
- Oscar Céspedes Murillo, Pastor, Liberator of Souls Church of the Nazarene, Desamparados
- Guido Solano Navarro, Associate Pastor, Tibás Church of the Nazarene, professor and Administrator of Pre-graduate Programs at SENDAS
- Guiselle Abarca Ureña Pastor, House of Prayer Church of the Nazarene, El Alto
- Mary Anáis Rojas Vargas, Associate Pastor, Lighthouse of Hope Church of the Nazarene (Calle Blancos) and Administrative Dean of SENDAS.
SENDAS congratulates the new elders and prays for a future full of achievements for the growth and glory of the Kingdom of God.
Cambiar Idioma / Change Language: Español